The Kansas Department of Labor
The Kansas Department of Labor assists in the prevention of economic insecurity through unemployment insurance and workers compensation, by providing a fair
and efficient venue to exercise employer and employee rights, and by helping employers promote a safe work environment for their employees. This facilitates
compliance with labor laws while enabling advancement of the economic well-being of the citizens of Kansas.
We envision a department known for its excellence in customer service. This is displayed by assisting citizens in the prevention of economic insecurity
through collaborative partnerships that allow us to protect and preserve the public resources entrusted to us.
Information about KDOL programs:
Services and Programs (English)
Servicios y Programas (Español)
Agency Philosophy and Values
We are dedicated to providing professional services to all Kansans while holding ourselves to the highest possible levels of integrity and accountability.
Our work is characterized by:
- Respect for one another and for those we serve
- Emphasis on quality and accountability
- Clear and concise internal and external communication
- Stewardship of public resources
- Collaborative partnerships internally and externally on local, state and national levels