Welcome to the Kansas Department of Labor (KDOL) site. KDOL assists in the prevention of economic insecurity through unemployment insurance and workers compensation, by providing a fair and efficient venue to exercise employer and employee rights, and by helping employers promote a safe work environment for their employees. This facilitates compliance with labor laws while enabling advancement of the economic well-being of the citizens of Kansas.

      Lana Gordon, Secretary of Labor

News and Alerts

KDOL Honors Employee, Margie Kufahl, as September Employee of the Month
Margie Kufahl, Applications Team Leader for the Workers Compensation Division, was honored for Meritorious Service. Read more here.

September Labor Report
The state’s September seasonally adjusted unemployment rate was 4.4 percent. This was up from 4.3 percent in August and up from 4.0 percent in September 2015.
    “In September there was an uptick in the unemployment rate for both Kansas and the U.S,” said Emilie Doerksen, Labor Economist, Kansas Department of Labor. “In Kansas this was mainly due to an increase in the number of unemployed along with a slight decrease in the number of employed.” Read more here.

EMPLOYERS: SIDES and SIDES E-response Earnings Verification Exchange will be unavailable from Tuesday, Oct. 18 until the cutover is completed at the end of the day on Nov. 16. During this time, earnings verification requests will be sent as a paper notice.

KDOL Honors Employee, Lana Nicol, as August Employee of the Month
Lana Nicol was honored for Distinguished Accomplishments for her exemplary performance and providing outstanding service for employers of Kansas. Read more here.

$80, 000 Civil Penalty Collected for Work Comp Fraud
KDOL received settlement in the case of KDOL versus Labor Pros, LLC., Elite Employment Group, Inc. and Gregory D. Van Etten, after 10 months of investigation. Read more here.

2016 Kansas Job Vacancy Survey Now Available Online
The Kansas Department of Labor (KDOL) 2016 Kansas Job Vacancy Survey, is now available online. This publication provides job vacancy estimates by industry and occupation for the state of Kansas and each of the five Local Areas.  Read more here.

Kansas Implementing Automated Victim Notification System
An automated system designed to notify crime victims when an offender has a change in custody status is being implemented in counties across the state, Kansas Attorney General Derek Schmidt announced today with the Kansas Department of Labor and Kansas Sheriffs Association. Read more here.

Healthcare Occupations Remain the Highest Paying Jobs in Kansas
KDOL 2016 Kansas Wage Survey, is now available online. This publication provides employment and wage estimates by occupation. In addition to statewide and metropolitan area numbers, the new publication provides estimates for 12 sub-state areas (Local Areas and Projection Regions), which are based on Kansas' labor market areas, along with all 105 counties. Read more here.

Questions about an overpayment debt being sent for offset? Read the Treasury Offset Program (TOP) FAQs or call the Asset Recovery unit at (785) 296-3609.




This site contains certain limited statistical and financial data relating to activities of the Kansas Department of Labor, which is an agency of the State of Kansas, and has not been prepared or maintained as a source of investor information and should not be relied upon for investment purposes. Investor information regarding State bonds is available at www.emma.msrb.org.