Avoid long wait times. File your claims online.

Apply for unemployment benefits
Use this link to make a first time application for benefits, or to open an existing claim.

Use this link to file a claim each week that you are unemployed.

Login with your username and password to:
  • File a weekly claim.
  • Check the status of your claim.
  • Change personal information such as your mailing address, phone number, e-mail address, PIN and password.
Click here if you don't have a username and password

Unemployment Contact Center Hours:

Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Except on State holidays

Topeka: (785) 575-1460
Kansas City: (913) 596-3500
Wichita: (316) 383-9947
Toll-Free (800) 292-6333

Frequently Asked Questions
Benefits Available
Report Fraud
Use this link to report when a claimant is fraudulently receiving unemployment benefits. All allegations of fraud are investigated.

Find a job

Other Resources:
Related links
System Requirements
Privacy Notice
Employer Payroll Tax

Latest News:

Claimants may NOW request a duplicate 1099-G online at http://www.dol.ks.gov/Mail1099G.aspx for unemployment benefits paid during the calendar year. If a claimant believes the amount shown on their 1099-G is incorrect, they need to send a written dispute to KDOL at the following address: 1099 Inquiry, Kansas Department of Labor, 401 SW Topeka Blvd., Topeka, KS 66603-3182. More information about the 1099-G can be found here.


Reclamantes pueden solicitar un duplicado de la forma 1099-G al seleccionar here (aquí) para beneficios de desempleo pagados durante el año calendario. Si algún reclamante piends que la cantidad que aparece en su 1099-G es incorrecta, debe enviar una queja por escrito a KDOL a la siguiente dirección: 1099 Inquiry, Kansas Department of Labor, 401 SW Topeka Blvd., Topeka, Kansas 66603-3182.


Recent changes to the Kansas Employment Security Law require all compensation received during a week for which unemployment benefits are paid to be reported to KDOL. This includes holiday and vacation pay, regardless of whether conditions were attached to the payment of compensation.


Timely and accurate reporting of compensation received while claiming benefits assists us in efficiently processing claims during traditionally high seasonal workloads. It also ensures the proper payment of benefits during a layoff so that future benefit payments, if necessary, will not be reduced or interrupted.


The 2013 Kansas Job Vacancy Survey is now available online here.


Attention Claimants: If you are drawing unemployment and working part time, you may be eligible for Unemployment Benefits if your weekly GROSS pay before taxes is lower than your weekly Benefit amount. If your GROSS pay before taxes is equal or exceeds your weekly Benefit amount, you ARE NOT eligible to apply for Unemployment Benefits. To calculate GROSS wages, take your hourly rate times the hours you work. If you are being furloughed by your employer, the same rules apply.

Questions about an overpayment debt sent for offset? Read the Treasury Offset Program (TOP) FAQs or call the Asset Recovery unit at (785) 296-3609.