2014 Kansas Job Vacancy Survey
Labor Market Information Services (LMIS), the statistical branch of the Kansas Department of Labor (KDOL),
is conducting its annual Job Vacancy Survey in an effort to gather important data regarding labor demands and
emerging areas of growth in Kansas.
This survey will provide statewide information as well as statistics for each of the Local Workforce
Planning Areas of the state.
With the current economic climate, it is important, now more than ever, to identify potential sources of
employment and potential areas of growth. The data can be a useful tool for workforce development centers,
educational professionals, Kansas businesses, and all individuals who are seeking employment. While the results
of this survey will not identify information provided by any individual businesses, this aggregate data will
provide quality information, allowing us to identify current and future high-demand occupations. The 2013 results
are posted online at: http://klic.dol.ks.gov.
How can I submit by response to the JVS survey?
Online – You may complete a survey online by clicking on the button below:
This option is the fastest and easiest way to submit your survey responses if you have no openings or a few job openings.
Email — You may email your response to
firstname.lastname@example.org. You can fill out an electronic
version of the form and email it back to us, email us a scanned copy of the
paper form, or send us a report of job openings with the
- Your survey ID
- Contact information for the person filling out the survey
- The job title for each job opening and the following information about each job title:
- The number of openings for each job-title.
- Whether it is Full-Time or Part-Time.
- Whether it is Permanent or Temporary/Seasonal.
- How long the job has been open? (for job titles with multiple openings, use the one that has been open the longest).
- What education level is usually required?
- The expected salary for each position (you may give us a range).
- Are there benefits offered? If so are any of the following offered: Health insurance, Paid sick leave, Paid vacation, Retirement savings plan/pension.
This option is the fastest for those with numerous job openings.
Call — You may call in your response at (866) 270-2873 (toll free).
This option is also recommended for those with no job openings and will only take a few minutes.
Fax — You may fax in your response using either the paper form or a printed out version of the Excel form at
Mail — You may mail in your response using either the paper form or a printed out version of the Excel form at:
Labor Market Information Services
Kansas Department of Labor
Attn: Job Vacancy Survey
401 SW Topeka Blvd
Topeka, KS 66603-3182
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the 2014 Job Vacancy Survey!