EDI Release 3 Mandatory FROI/SROI Reporting and Trading Partner Information
As announced at the 2012 Forum in Seattle, Kansas will mandate the use of IAIABC Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Release 3 Standards beginning April 2013. Implementation of the mandate will follow a tiered or phased approach outlined in an amendment to
K.A.R. 51-9-17. All insurance carriers, group pools and self insurers will be required to use EDI to file both First Reports of Injury (FROI) and Subsequent Reports of Injury (SROI) using
the Release 3 Standards.
The final regulation is approved and will be effective February 8, 2013. Release 3 tables and implementation guide can be viewed via the following links.
Release 3 Implementation Guide (10-16-12)
Release 3 EDI Tables (10-16-12)
What’s New Tables (05-15-12)
Kansas R3 Quick Codes Reference List
To find injury or disease (cause, nature) codes, state codes and more, view the IAIABC Standard Forms, Codes, and Resources.
Kansas EDI Legislation:
Release 3 Regulation: K.A.R. 51-9-17
Trading Partner Documents
For your convenience, the Kansas Trading Partner Agreement and Profiles is also available here for download. Instructions
for completing the documents are in the KDWC EDI Trading Partner Process section of the Implementation Guide. After you have completed the Trading Partner Documents, please fax (614) 877-2501 or e-mail
(KS-EDICoordinator@Ebixrisk.com) them to the KS EDI Coordinator
at Peak PSI.
The objective of testing with KDWC is to ascertain the Trading Partner’s technical and business reporting competence. This includes the ability to meet the International Association of Industrial Accident Boards and
Commissions (IAIABC) Release 3 approved record format requirements and the use of an approved data transport method.
If an organization or vendor uses an approved data transport method and have demonstrated EDI competency in other IAIABC EDI jurisdictions reporting the Release 3 claims standard then the EDI Coordinator will advise that
testing requirements have been reduced accordingly.
The KDWC EDI Coordinator must be contacted and the proper documentation on file prior to sending of any test transaction(s) by a potential Trading Partner. The test plan will be created by the KDWC EDI Coordinator. There
are six steps in the KDWC testing process, as follows:
- Pre-testing Requirements
• Completing the Trading Partner Agreements and Documentation (link given above)
- Technical Capability Test
• Insure that the Trading Partner has a system that is compatible.
- Business Content Test File (First Reports of Injury)
• Test to insure that the format is compatible for First Reports of Injury.
- Kansas Test Completion (First Reports of Injury)
• Complete the testing, with completed First Reports of Injury sent.
- Business Content Test File (Subsequent Reports of Injury)
• Test to insure that the format is compatible for Subsequent Reports of Injury.
- Kansas Test Completion (Subsequent Reports of Injury)
• Complete the testing, with completed Subsequent Reports of Injury sent.
Trading Partner Test and Production Process
Kansas FROI SROI Test and Production Process Release 3- edited