Qualifications for SHAPE
(Safety and Health Award for Public Employees)
Eligibility - To be considered for participation in SHAPE the public employer must meet the following criteria:
- There is not presently the possibility of a workers compensation claim in arbitration or litigation within the establishment.
- Establishment has had a comprehensive safety inspection from a Kansas Department of Labor (KDOL) consultant within the last five years. If not, the employer may set up an appointment
to obtain an inspection by contacting KDOL at: (785) 296-4386 ext. 2307 or email: IndSafetyHealth@dol.ks.gov.
- If you have received a comprehensive Safety inspection from a KDOL consultant within the past five years, all of the hazards found must have been corrected.
- The entity must qualify with the minimum requirement for the Kansas level determined by each entity’s DART and TRC rates.
- All applicants must submit an OSHA 300 log or an equivalent.
- A copy of an OSHA 300 log is available here.
- To calculate your entity’s DART or TRC rate, please visit page 5 of this form.
- All applicants must begin at the first level, the Kansas Level. Each additional level equates to one additional year maintaining the required DART and TRC rates.
If the employer meets all of the above qualifications, please complete the application and submit it electronically. Questions regarding the SHAPE program may be directed to the office
of Jeana Payne, SHAPE program coordinator at: (785) 296-4386 ext. 2307, fax (785) 296-1775 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in our program and in the continued safety and
health of all Kansas employees.