EDI UPDATE: Kansas is in the process of implementing IAIABC Claims Release 3.1, which will be adopted in November 2018. The Kansas IAIABC R3.1 release date coincides with go-live of Kansas’ Online System for Claims Administration Research/Regulation (OSCAR). Kansas EDI data will be integrated into OSCAR and some of the new requirements in claims 3.1 are needed to support OSCAR functionality and processes.
The tables are now available:
Kansas R3.1 Event Tables
Kansas R3.1 Element Requirements
Kansas R3.1 Edit Matrix
All trading partners submitting in Kansas are required to submit an updated Trading partner document to our vendor Ebix for Release 3.1 by November 12, 2018, or before starting testing.
Trading Partner and EDI Vendor testing for Kansas DWC FROI/SROI IAIABC Claims EDI Release 3.1 will begin July 16, 2018 and continue through November 15, 2018. Please contact Ebix to set up testing by calling (866) 448-1776 or email KS-EDICoordinator@Ebix.com. EDI vendors that are already submitting in at least one R3.1 EDI state at the time of testing are only required to complete connectivity testing requirements.
- Testing – July 16, 2018 until November 15, 2018
- Updated Trading Partner Document is due by November 12, 2018
- KS EDI 3.0 transmissions will end on 11/23/2018 and KS EDI 3.1 transmissions will begin on go-live date.
- Go live date – November 2018
KS EDI 3.0 migration to 3.1 (Open and Re-opened Claims)
- Kansas R3.1 FROI UR Trigger - Any open or reopened claim with DN0031 Date of Injury on or after 7/1/2013 and previously reported via IAIABC R3.0 prior to 11/29/2018. Must be sent prior to submitting any other First Reports of Injury for claims that were initiated before implementation of R3.1.
- Kansas R3.1 SROI UR Trigger - Any open or reopened claim with DN0031 Date of Injury on or after 7/1/2013 and previously reported via IAIABC R3.0 prior to 11/29/2018. Must be sent prior to submitting any other Subsequent Reports of Injury for claims that were initiated before implementation of R3.1.
- Kansas R3.0 Migration Claim Submissions - Kansas expects the FROI UR and SROI UR submissions for R3.0 migration claims to be completed by January 11, 2019.
KS EDI 3.1
Release 3.1 Trading Partner Documents
KS EDI 3.1 Imp Guide - 'KS 3.1 Requirement Tables Added'
KS EDI 3.1 Test Requirements
K.A.R. 51-9-17 - updated 11/15/2018
KS EDI 3.0
Release 3 Mandatory Reporting and Trading Partner Information
Release 3 Trading Partner Documents
Kansas began mandating the use of IAIABC EDI Release 3 Standards beginning in April 2013. Implementation of the mandate took place in a tiered or phased approach outlined in an amendment to K.A.R. 51-9-17, with the mandate taking effect on January 1, 2014. This is for all First Reports of Injury (FROI) and Subsequent Reports of Injury (SROI) that are submitted to the Kansas Division of Workers Compensation. This means that paper First Reports of Injury (form K-WC 1101-A) are no longer accepted and will be mailed back to the sender if received, without being processed.
Staff and Vendor Contacts