Instructions for Whole Body Injury Computation
Back to Form
- Enter date of accident (e.g., 010103); required.
- Enter Docket Number (6 or 7 digits) or one zero; required. Entering the Docket Number provides a way to identify to which claim file a calculation belongs if the calculation is printed out.
- (a) Enter claimant's average weekly wage or a wage high enough for the maximum benefit applicable if no wage is available. This should also include any changes in average weekly wage.
- (c) Enter the number of temporary total disability weeks that have been paid or awarded. If there are no temporary total disability weeks, enter zero. Temporary partial must be converted to temporary total disability.
- In the right-hand box on the same line, enter a start date (MMDDYY) if temporary total disability did not begin on the date of accident.
- (d) Enter the percentage of disability as a whole number with no decimal unless the amount includes a half percentage.
- For the type of disability, leave the W showing in the box in front of the (Disability) Starting Date, for a Work Disability award, or click to change to type F (for Functional award).
- Enter a start date (MMDDYY) if not from date of accident.
- Repeat the previous three steps if needed for each additional percentage of disability involved (up to four percentages total).
- Press [Calculate].
- Press [Print] if a hard copy is desired.
Disclaimer: "All rights reserved. This publication is protected by Copyright and permission should be obtained from the Kansas Department of Labor prior to any prohibited reproduction or transmission in any form or
by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise. These programs were developed to be used solely as a tool but for the many variables, these programs may not fit all case situations."
Calculations Main Page