Employer Handbook
A guide to the Kansas Employment Security Law


already registered?

If you already have a username and password, log in to do any of the following:

  • View your current tax rate (click on Maintain Account Information)
  • Submit quarterly wage reports - How to File
  • Upload data files
  • Use Payment Warehousing to set a payment date
  • Make a payment at any time
  • Report new hires
  • Report changes to your business
  • Get copies of past filings and reports
  • Use SIDES to enter requested information


SIDES Participation
The State Information Data Exchange System (SIDES) and SIDES E-Response allow companies to electronically respond to UI information requests from KDOL. This eliminates delays caused by mailing the documents. Once you are enrolled in SIDES you can use your Employer PIN to access the SIDES site. 


Quarterly Wage Reports

How to File Quarterly Wage Reports Online

Qtr Months in Quarter  Last Day to File 
Jan - Mar  Apr 30 
Apr - Jun  Jul 31 
Jul - Sep  Oct 31 
Oct - Dec  Jan 31 


news and alerts

Experience Rate Notices Mailed Soon

The 2020 Experience Rate Notices will be mailed by the end of October. Watch for your new rate information in the mail!

Changes in Banks

Effective JUNE 1, 2019. All ACH Credit payments must be made through US Bank.

Please contact KDOL for detailed information by calling the UI Tax Unit at (785) 296-5027 or the auditor who handles your employer account.

Weekly Benefits Payment Amount Updated

Effective July 1, 2019, the maximum weekly benefit amount will increase from $474.00 to $488.00.


Employer Contacts:
Local Field Office numbers

If you have questions regarding your Unemployment Tax Account, please contact
(785) 296-5027