Public Employer Services

If a public employee is killed in a job-related incident, please call (785) 296-4386 to inform the division so an investigator can start their investigation as soon as possible.

Under state law K.S.A. 44-636, Industrial Safety and Health will respond to employee complaints concerning unsafe working conditions. The complaint can be made anonymously.

If public service employees have complaints concerning safe working conditions while performing their jobs, CLICK HERE for the Notice of Alleged Safety or Health Hazard form or call (785) 296-4386 to register a complaint.

City, county, municipal clerks and school superintendents may call our office and request information about developing safety programs and how to provide a safe and healthy work place for their employees. The Public Service Unit monitors each public service on a regular basis. The unit has trained industrial hygienists on staff to help monitor air particulates and take sound level readings. There is a charge for the hygiene service. The cost of the service will depend on the type of sampling requested or provided.

If an entity refuses to comply with a recommendation addressing a serious hazard, the Secretary of Labor may levy fines up to $100 per day, per serious hazard not corrected.

Notice of Alleged Safety or Health Hazards
Request training materials
Public entities within Kansas can request online training materials for their employees.