Child Labor Laws

Filing a Child Labor Complaint:

If you think that an employer is in violation of the Child Labor Laws, you can telephone or write to the Office of Employment Standards in Topeka, Kansas. This office will then conduct an investigation of the complaint or we will refer it to the Federal Wage and Hour office for action.

Kansas Department of Labor
Employment Standards
401 SW Topeka Boulevard
Topeka, KS 66603
(785) 296-5000 ext. 1068

Resources for Teen Workers

Kansas Work-Based Learning Fact Sheet

Child Labor Law Information for Parents and Employers

  • How old does a child have to be in order to work?

  • Are there any exceptions to the age requirement?

  • Is a work permit required?

  • What hours can children work?

  • How many hours can children work?

Disclaimer: The above information is not legal advice. If you need legal advice, you should consult an attorney.