Attention: Email any questions or requests to the Kansas Open Records Act Officer at KDOL.KORARequest@ks.gov
Office Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays, except official state holidays
Fees for access to or copies of public records
Pursuant to the authority of K.S.A. 1995 Supp. 45-219, the following schedule of fees for access or copies of public records Department of Labor is established:
Photostatic copies of records: Fees shall not exceed the actual cost of furnishing copies, including the cost of staff time required to make the information available, and shall be charged at the following rate:
- Copies of documents (includes actual copying time): $0.36 per one-sided page
- Record Search (excluding actual copying time): No charge for first quarter hour; each additional quarter hour - $3.75 per quarter hour.
- Record Review (legal): Labor staff attorney time will be billed at $35/hour and Chief Counsel’s and Deputy Chief Counsel’s time will each be billed at $50/hour.
Video/Audio Tapes: Fees shall not exceed the actual cost of furnishing copies, including the cost of staff time required to make the information available, and shall be charged at the following rate:
- Blank cassette (video or audio): Actual cost to agency.
- Record search (excluding actual duplicating time): No charge for first quarter hour; each additional quarter hour - $3.75 per quarter hour.
- Duplication: $5.00 per quarter hour
Access to Computer Records: Fees shall include only the cost of any computer services, including staff time required, and shall be charged at the following rate:
- Computer Services (including access charges and line charges): actual cost to agency.
- Record Search (clerical): No charge for the first quarter hour; each additional quarter hour - $3.75 per quarter hour.
Facsimile Charges and Limitations: When copies of documents are requested to be transmitted via facsimile, in addition to the charges set forth above for copies of records, the following fees shall be charged for facsimile transmission of those copies:
- First Page (excluding cover sheet): $1.00
- Each Additional page: $0.50
- Transmission time (labor): $3.75 per quarter hour.
- Transmission of copies by facsimile shall be limited to twenty (20) pages excluding cover page.
Mailing/Shipping Charges: Unless otherwise requested in writing, delivery of copies of documents shall be by United States mail, first class. There shall be no charge for the first $1.00 of postage. All postage in excess of $1.00 and/or charges for specialty mail or delivery shall be charged at the actual rate charged to the agency.
Payment of Fees: All charges are made in one quarter hour increments.
- If copies are requested, a written request shall be made, and payment shall be made in advance of production of said documents.
- Personnel responding to a request for copies or access shall fully document their computation for fees, and the same shall be made available to the Secretary should the reasonableness of the fees be challenged.
- Persons requesting records may appeal the reasonableness of the fees charged for providing access to or furnishing copies of such records to the Secretary of Administration whose decision shall be final.